Saturday, March 8, 2008

Fruity water

During an "elite" branding brainstorm meeting at The Bank a few years ago, an SVP (Susan Song, I believe) in branding said how much she loved Glaceau's Vitamin Water.

"I know that it's completely branding, but in the afternoon I need my <>, and after a run I need my <>. It's ridiculous, but also, very successful marketing."

"That," I sniffed on the inside, "is loathesome and a waste of money."

I love the scrimmy scrim scrim

Fast forward a few years, and this past January during my week-long stay at The Standard in Miami I grabbed a Vitamin Water after sweating it out on their hot Turkish stone-thing. I don't know if it was the happy chemicals already coursing through my veins from taking advantage of all their spa accoutrements, but boy that thing tasted good.

I'm now an addict. I tried SoBe's Life Water, but it tastes artificial. I tried Gatorade's Propel, and I have to say I like that one too.

But this could get expensive, so I'm experimenting with infusing water with fruits to get a similar taste. Right now I've got a bag of frozen strawberries thawing in a pitcher of water. Now sure how it'll taste. TBD!

---o



No comments: